Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 946 - Dec 31, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!

I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve! Kevin and I decided to go to Six Flags tonight. We got there about 7:30 with the intention of staying til midnight when the fireworks went off, but it was too cold to stay that long so we ended up leaving at about 10:30. We did just drive around for about an hour and then we went to a mall parking lot right next to Six Flags and watched the fireworks show from there.

Although I was expecting a half hour show or more, it was only 5 minutes long - but totally worth it! It was just the grand finale the whole show. Totally awesome! Kevin and I both loved it!

Anyway, here is a video of Kevin playing one of the games at SF:



Here also are some photos:

Kevin and his new scooter:







And the one on the Merry Go Round? Geesh. Let me tell ya - that boy is so determined. He was just positive he could get on that horse. I was scared to death because even if he got on it - would he be able to a) stay on it and b) get back off it. The horse in front of the bench we were on was really low so he was tall enough to actually get on it from the rear of the horse - not the side like normal. He ended up though actually sitting on the horse's butt and I had to make him try to lift his and I pushed him up and onto the saddle of the horse.

And you had to know that his weak foot wouldn't stay in the stirrup, so it was just dangling there, but it didn't seem to affect him. And you also had to know that the horse did stop as high as it could go at the end of the ride. I was really worried about this, but somehow he managed to get off it. Kudos to him, eh?

We also rode the Hustler and Kevin did pretty well. It spun around pretty fast and I think he was starting to get a little sick, but he kept it under control. I'm not sure if it's due to the TBI or if it's just because he hasn't been on any type of spinning ride in gosh knows how long.

I do know that we do have permission to ride/do anything from our neurosurgeon so I am not worried about that. Kevin is even allowed to ride the roller coasters.

So anyway, that's about it for today. I want to go and finish scrubbing the floor now that Kevin finally went to his room.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2011!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you and Kevin!!!
I pray that 2011 will be filled with blessings for your whole family!!!
I love the photos from SF and am so impressed with Kevin 8 )
As always...lots of love from El Paso, Texas!
Tina Dwyer

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to all of you too!
It looks like you both had a wonderful time! I'm so glad you were able to go out and ejoy yourselves! Yeah!!! :)
The video and pictures were great!
Kathy in IA

Anonymous said...

Love the close-up picture of you and Kevin! :)
A.

Linda said...

Leslie and Kevin,
I sure hope 2011 brings you lots of wonderful things, and new beginnings! Six Flags sure looked fun...but man, I would have had a heart attack at all the things Kevins seems so determined to try! hehe...but it is wonderful that he tries!! And such a blessing when he actually acomplishes what he tries. You could tell he was having such a good time and he sure as hell deserves it! As do you!