Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 746 - Jun 14, 2010

We came home from the hospital today!! We got home late-afternoon and by the time I got Kevin all situated it was time for dinner. Breezy came over and we had apple streusel (sp) pancakes (although Kevin had choc chip pancakes) which truly did sound better than they tasted.

Anyway, and I shit you not - Kevin already looks like one of the coneheads from SNL and it's only week 1. Every week for 2 months they will put more saline solution into the sac on the top of his head, just under his skin. If you all remember what he looked like in the beginning, imagine all that fluid being built upward on the top of his head. We thought we were going to be able to cover his head with a hat, but it's pretty clear at this point that that's not gonna happen.

This is going to be a really rough 2 months. Kevin chuckled when he first saw it today, but I feel safe in saying that he will probably refuse to go anywhere within the next couple of weeks. I know I wouldn't step foot out of the house looking like that. Call it vain, call it whatever you want, but I wouldn't do it.

I just feel so bad for him.

So, I am planning to take him to see The Karate Kid tomorrow. I figure we better go see the movie real quick or we won't be seeing it. And then there's Toy Story next week - yahoo!

And yes, I know I could be wrong - maybe it won't faze him in the least, but I want to try to get some fun in now just in case.

I also need to decide whether to throw a little birthday party for him and Breezy. Parties are not easy for him and who can say what his mindset will be in a few weeks. Then there's the question of whether or not I have the energy to put together something like that.

Oh well, I guess I'll think about it tomorrow. I'm just too tired to tonight.

2 comments:

karen said...

I LOVED the Coneheads!!! Jane and Lauren were the best! You'll have to rent some SNL classics. And get him the Samurai while you're at the shop ...

Seriously, I hope he handles this okay ... for your sake as much as his. Have fun at the movies tomorrow!

Oh, and can I second the nerf bat idea? sometimes just beating the stuffing out of anything, even inanimate, is good therapy.

Long-time RN said...

Yeah on settling in back home!