Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 743 - Jun 11, 2010

Kevin is doing fantastic tonight. It took him until about 3pm to really wake up and move around, but once he did he started eating and drinking and he even got up and we went for a couple of walks.

So I have a couple of pictures for you guys. The first is what Kevin's eye looks like right now (excuse the black line in the photo. I am too lazy to fix it):


I can't wait to see what it looks like once the swelling goes down!

And this next one? Oh yeah. We have some pretty funny doctors here at BAMC. Seriously, I am gonna kick some butt when I find out who was behind this, lol. I can only assume that this is the way someone is playfully getting back at Kev - the ultimate jokester. He always makes everyone laugh and I can't tell you how hysterically we all laughed when we saw this:



Yep!!!! When they shaved his head they left a rattail!!! When Kevin was walking it came to our attention and there was a whole bunch of nurses in the hallway and we were all doubled over with laughter! Kevin just kept shaking his head in mock disgust. It was just so flippin funny!

I'm anxious to see if they left something else under that bandage, hehe!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

When after surgery, and all you have been through, to be able tolaugh and be joyous is a really wonderful sign!!! God bless you and may this be the first of continued successful days.

Love to all....

Anonymous said...

I always did love his hair! So happy to hear he is awake and doing well. As always, we continue to pray for all of you.
Melissa Ion

Miss Em said...

Well at least Kevin can say that he does have hair.

LOL on Rat tail... ;D

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Jodi said...

Glad he is doing so great! Love the rat tail!!

BIG HUGS AND ALL MY LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!!

Long-time RN said...

Ah, the rat tail is marvelous! LOL!
Good to read so much was accomplished and Kevin is doing well.

Jessica said...

I'm so thrilled and thankful that Kevin is doing as well as he is! And who knows, everything comes back into fashion sooner or later. Maybe he'll be the one to bring back the rat tail. (But I hope not! LOL!)

I'll continue to pray for fast healing and minimal pain. You're in my thoughts. Take care.

It's Something Beautiful said...

Hahaha love the hair. Gives you something to smile about after just having surgery. I hope he heals well and no infections occur! I am always keeping him and you all in my prayers.

Just so you... I made my old blog private and created a new one! My new blog will look VERY similar since all of my old posts have been transferred to it, but this time around I'm not using names or pictures. Feel free to follow:

www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com