Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 397 - Jun 30, 2009

How do y'all like the new look? I thought it was time to update the blog - at least for a few days (which will probably end up being months as I will be too lazy to change it again, lol).

I think we have kinda fallen into a bit of a funk. Kevin isn't getting up until noon and he really isn't in that great of a mood most of the day. I know it's hard being in this little, tiny room, but we have to hang in there just a few more days.

I believe we are going home on a commercial flight this time. Supposedly it is to be on Friday so keep your fingers crossed that it works out. I am a bit nervous, but will fake it til I make it.

And for tonight, I think I am just going to answer some questions.

First - Pam - we will try to make it to OT tomorrow (today by the time you read this). I really just can't get him roused early enough to do what we need to do before coming over. (not that I am trying too hard - I love the noon wake-up too, lol)

Jessica - no, the docs haven't suggested anything for his scarring. I have been keeping him lubed up with an antibiotic cream, but that's about it.

Also, he didn't get car sick today when we went to dinner so maybe it was just a 'withdrawal' of sorts from all of the pain meds he had been on while in the hospital. He quit taking them once that bolster was off his face and we came back to the Fisher House.

Cathy M - they told me that if Kevin is still 'red' when we come back in Aug that they will fix that then. Not sure what that entails, but I guess we'll see.

Debbie - we were hoping to get Josh and some of the other guys/gals from the 173rd to come to Kev's ceremony. I believe Rigney is coming, but am not sure about anyone else yet.

Ok - I just woke Kevin with my typing so I need to sign off early. Catch y'all tomorrow night...

5 comments:

LISA said...

Just commented Day 396 - June 29...LOVE the new site.

It sure is festive.

Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Hi,

Love the new look. I can just imagine how stuck you feel after being home and now in this tiny room.

I'd like to tell you something I use when I got tangles up in barb wire, my doctor told me to use it and it really helped keep down the scarring and moisturized the skin.

It's originally made for cattle but having been raised on a farm what can I say. It's called BAG BALM. It's a green square tin. Worked great for me. Of course with the extent of Keven's I'm not sure if they'd go for it but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi,

The book is on its way. From experience, I'd say you will get it in 10-15 days. It is called Over My Head. I have not read it but it seemed more in depth than "I Am The NY Jogger" that I did read and was going to send you originally. If you have time, check it out on Amazon.

Hugs,

Cathy M

Unknown said...

Great Leslie! The new page is appropriate for everything you all have had to endure. It is the patriotic, and the celebration of your lives...so BRAVO....

I leave for a few days and know some birthdays are on their way!! So...Happiest of Birthdays, Kevin...and may this new year be tenfold more progressive than the last...remember the Velveteen Rabbit..."It doesn't matter how you look when you are real. You are loved and that is what matters"

And to Brianna....Happiest of Birthdays to you as well....May this year bloom dreams come true and wishes burst forth in a cascade of reality.

Love to you all...hugs and prayers...always.

Jessica said...

Love the patriotic decor! My fingers are crossed for you that you'll be able to leave on Friday. Less than 48 hours, so hang in there! Living in one tiny room would put anybody into a "funk".

Take care. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.