Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 396 - Jun 29, 2009

We had our post-op check up today and Kevin passed with flying colors! We have been released, so now we play the waiting game for our flight home.

I am really amazed at how well the new skin on his chin matches the rest of his face. And the lower part of his neck is already flush with the rest of his skin. I expect superb results in the end and I am told it will take about 2 months for it to all be healed and any touch-ups will be done in August when we come back for the rest of his surgeries.

Anyway, here are some photos from yesterday that show how much improvement just from the other day. Amazing, huh? This first one is just him outside the Fisher House:



And this one was taken at TGI Fridays. Kevin's whalin' along to the music - something we so rarely get to see.



And now I am going to fold the laundry and then I am going to try to finish watching Slumdog Millionaire. It's been a 3 day event so far and I am still only halfway through it.

PS - Cathy M - that address is correct. I am anxious to see what you have chosen!

10 comments:

Jodi said...

He looks FANTASTIC! Wow! That is great Les! Thank you so much for the pictures. I am so glad things worked out well.
Hope you two have a safe flight home!
BIG HUGS AND ALL MY LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!!!!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful! I have just returned home from Colorado, and just got caught up on all the posts. What a transformation! Have a safe journey home, and Happy Belated Birthday,Leslie!

Love, hugs and prayers. Always.

Clearbluewater3 said...

I just finished reading your entire journey. Thank you for documenting it. I volunteer at Walter Reed and am about to enter a program to become a military social worker. I am so glad to have virtually gotten to know you and Kevin and Breezy and to be witness to his remarkable improvements! Thank you for what you do!

Vicki Chrisman said...

AMAZING!!!!! He looks SO GREAT!

Leslie said...

Kevin looks GREAT!!! Hope he is happy with his "new" look!!!

Long-time RN said...

Wow! The grafting looks great and Kevin looks wonderful! Safe travels to you both.

Anonymous said...

Hey Les,

Kevin looks awesome!!!

I am so proud of your courage and Kevin's will-power. Your family reminds the rest of us what is REALLY important each and every day!!!

Love ya!!

Kristen M.

Jessica said...

Lookin' good! Glad to hear he's been cleared to go home and hope you are home by the time I get this comment written. ;)

Take care. You're both in my thoughts and prayers!

LISA said...

WOW...the July 4 decor just POPPED at me. It looks great and so does Kevin. That smile says it all.

Happy belated birthday to you and happy early birthday to Kevin and Brianna.

God Bless you all.

Prayers as always. : )

Alison said...

He looks great!!! Such an improvement - and it will only keep getting better. :)