Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 394 - Jun 27, 2009

For some reason Kevin has been getting car sick since this surgery. I don't know if it's the heat here in TX or the motion, but we can't go more than a few minutes in the car. We tried to go to an outlet mall about a half hour away and we didn't get very far before we had to pull over - and not even just anywhere - it had to be somewhere silent (try to find that in the heart of San Antonio!). I did manage to find a gated community and we just pulled in to the gate and turned around and sat in the exit lane. I really didn't know what else to do.

And Kevin actually rolled over tonight. Sounds so dumb, doesn't it? But it was a major feat for him to be able to roll onto his bad side, then to his belly and then back over onto his back. He was just so proud of himself. I personally couldn't figure out what he was doing because it was dark in the room and I couldn't really see him, lol. He was sure making a lot of noise though.

And I had to laugh at Joyce's comment about Chick-fil-A. We have never tried their cheesecake, but Kevin is so hooked on that place. He eats 3 chicken sandwiches at a time and it was what he woke up wanting this morning.

Yesterday he wanted Longhorn Steakhouse (we finally figured it out by him saying "yeehaw", lol), but they don't have those around here - not that I've seen anyway. I told him we'd go there for his birthday next week if we are home in FL.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get some pictures of him because his chin/neck is already starting to look better. The redness is going away some and the swelling is going down. Unfortunately his eye is still very swollen, but I know it's all going to take time.

And now I think I will sneak to the kitchen and make some popcorn - my total weakness!

2 comments:

joyce said...

Since my birthday is Friday, the 3rd, I am going to get a whole one at chick-fil-a (I used to call them chick-fill-you-up) and keep it in the freezer, and then dole it out as friends and relatives come by. Our Army son will be home for a four day weekend starting Wednesday!

But, get a few by the slice and see if Kevin likes it. I usually stock up on a few on Saturday as they are closed on Sunday.

Jessica said...

Hmm, that is odd about the carsickness since his surgery. Is there a medication he's on now that could be contributing to it? Whatever it is, I hope it goes away soon! That's the nastiest feeling.

Other than that, it sounds like things are going a little better for Kevin. Hopefully well enough that you can go home in couple days! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you both.