Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 389 - Jun 22, 2009

Phew! Kevin is doing so much better today! He is finally just about back to his normal self - joking and laughing and he is even starting to eat more and more. He probably ate/drank about 2000 calories today - YAY!

I am going to just answer a few questions tonight if y'all don't mind.

Lisa - I don't believe the ceremony will need postponed (although this isn't a guarantee). I am told he will still have some redness, but mostly he will look well and feel well by then.

Kathy in IA - The bolster will stay on about 7 days. The minimum is 5, which is tomorrow, but 7 is ultimately best. It just 'holds' the new skin in place so that it has the chance to 'attach' itself to the rest of his skin (at least I am assuming this to be true).

As for the feeding tube - it's a moot point now. He ate quite a bit today and is still on IV fluids so I am no longer worried. It was just like he woke up this morning and decided to have a good day.

Grant G - can you email me your address please? My email is to the right somewhere in that column. And just out of curiosity - where will the skate comp be held? Kevin would love to be there (I'm sure).

Debbie - is Josh coming home on block leave next month? I was told all the guys stationed in Germany were coming home...

Elizabeth - yes our address listed here on the blog is correct. And the Patriot Guard has already been in contact with my friend, Tracy. We miss you too and hope to make it to the family reunion as well.

To everyone that emailed me about sending a copy of the paper down - my sister already took care of it. I believe the copies are already on their way. Thanks to all though!

And now I am going to leave you guys with a photo of Kevin pigging out on chocolate cake with ganache. As you can see - he did at least get out of his room today - YAY!!:

7 comments:

LISA said...

Kevin...

You are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

My exclamation is broken on my computer, but there would be about ten right after the above sentence.

BRAVO...

Great to see a happy faced sis too.

Prayers...lots and lots of prayers.
God is with Kevin..always.

Thanks for the update.

STAY STRONG and get some rest. YAY for cameras. Kevin looks so good. He is made of strong stuff..for sure.

Anonymous said...

Kevin,Leslie, and Breezy
Talk about the difference a day makes! I'm so glad things are improving. Chocolate cake makes everything better! Can't wait to see youn's in July. Take care and stay strong.
Aunt Mona

Unknown said...

Hi Leslie:
Yes, the guys are coming back on block leave. Josh comes home around July 1st and then he has to go back July 14th. I am unsure if all of them are the same time but I would guess it would be.

SO very happy Kevin is doing better today. He is a very strong man thats forsure!!!

Sending lots of prayers

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!!!!! Yeah!!! :) I'm so glad to read you had a great day! Gosh, I just couldn't get the picture you posted out of my head. When I would eat something yesterday I just felt like I didn't want to until Kevin was able to. I'm sooo glad he is able to eat now. What a great picture of Breezy and Kevin! :)
It will just get better from here!
So a couple more days on the bolster- that will probably feel good to get it off.
Tell Kevin we are soooo happy for him!
Kathy in IA

i. said...

I'm so glad to see Kevin being himself again!

Kris said...

I second Lisa - Kevin, you're A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! Dude, you really are. Chocolate cake with ganache is most likely one of the best medicines on the planet. Well it is for me anyway :)

Another battle is being won. God bless you Kevin, Leslie and Breezy. Stay strong brave warriors - you're all so incredibly strong it's incredible.

Thoughts, prayers, support and loads and loads of Angel Hugs are always coming your way. God bless you.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Long-time RN said...

Yessssss! Way to go, Kevin and family!

It just took a little time to get back in the groove. Great to see all the smiles!

High five!