Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 395 - Jun 28, 2009

We finally made it to the outlet mall today. We stopped on the way and ate so that Kev was out of the car some. We only shopped for clothes and shoes for him and he really had a good time at the Zoo York store. It's his favorite skate line of clothing and I think he was in heaven while there, lol. (although it felt like hell because their air conditioner broke a while ago and it was the normal 100 degrees here today)

And here's a funny little thing - last night when I went to the kitchen for my popcorn, I encountered a snake in the hallway on my way back to our room. YIKES! I DO NOT LIKE SNAKES!! I called security to have them come and get it, but I wouldn't let it out of my sight until they got here. It kept getting close to the door of the room and I would have to fling it away with a magazine. Obviously it was just a really small thing, but still...I DO NOT LIKE SNAKES!

Other than that, nothing much happened today. Kevin and I are mad at each other right now because I told him he needs to start either getting up and doing nonsensical stuff himself or he can just forget about the issues. I am getting real tired of getting up just to shut the bathroom door or just to fix the corner of his bed sheet or to shave him at midnight or gosh knows whatever other crazy ideas he gets. I realize OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) is a major part of TBI, but frankly - I am too old and tired to get up 40 times every hour to do things that just don't matter (or that can wait until a normal hour). And besides, he is getting well enough now that he can get up and do more on his own, right? Right!

3 comments:

Kris said...

ACK - SNAKES!!! Kev must have had a great time at the Zoo York store - so glad you were able to get out and about too.

God bless you Kevin, Leslie & Breezy. Thoughts, prayers, support and loads and loads of Angel Hugs are always coming your way, each and every day.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Anonymous said...

Leslie,

Snakes eeek! Spiders EEEK!!! I had a large (!) spider in my house a few years back and I felt like selling the house and moving.

Anyway, I found a different book to send you than the New York Jogger book that I had planned to send. I will order the replacement book tomorrow to be sent to the Snowden Hall address you listed. If this is not correct, please let me know by tomorrow morning. I have not read this book but it sounds like it might offer some interesting and helpful tidbits of info.

Hugs,

Cathy M

Jessica said...

Geez, Texas sounds like a real joy: 100 degree heat and snakes! Not a good combination. At least Kevin had a good time today at the store. I'm glad he's healed enough to be able to do that.

Take care. You're both in my thoughts and prayers.