Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 371 - June 6, 2009

One more day of vaca and then it's back to our crazy life. Man - I so don't want this to end...

We really did nothing again today. We did plan to go to a movie, but Kevin lay down to take a nap and that was it - he didn't want to go. So we took a drive to a fruit stand later in the day and lo and behold - my parents pulled in shortly after us. I know it's stupid, but it was the first time I knew someone while I was somewhere. LOL - I think I'm going nuts. I mean, this is so trivial...

So that's about it. We did scrapbook tonight, which was fun. And we did visit my parents as well. I like it because we rarely take the wheelchair out of the car anymore. He is so much more mobile and it makes everything so much easier. Of course, we will have to for any type of long distance events/errands, but anything short - he can walk.

And I don't think I mentioned that they came yesterday to start digging out the pool. We got a massive storm last night though and the sides all caved in. The workers came back today to try to repair the damage, but I think they gave up after a while. There is probably 3 feet extra of space where there used to be a dirt shell. Oh well, they'll figure it out.

I also want to thank everyone that gave me tips on the Purple Heart Ceremony. I wish I would have known that it was up to me to plan it because I would have done it before now. I am running out of time - especially with us going to Texas in a few days and Kevin having two surgeries in one week. I will not be able to do much once we get there. Oh well, I guess I better quit scrapping (and blogging) and get planning...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not silly at all that you'd be so excited to see someone you knew. That's what makes a place start to seem like a home.

We in the black void are rooting for you, Leslie! Our thoughts are with you often.

Jessica Canham said...

Sounds like you and Kevin had a pretty relaxing day! That's too bad about the pool sides caving in, but like you said, I'm sure they'll work it out. It'll be done before you know it.

How is Kevin feeling about the surgeries? Is he still happy about getting it done? What is his recovery going to be like?

You're both in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.