Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 367 - Jun 2, 2009

Kevin is sleeping in his new room tonight. My mom and dad and I put his humongous bed together and we unpacked all of his things. His bed is a California King so it really is quite large and he looks so lost laying in it, lol.

To be honest, we didn't really do anything today. I am taking this week and trying to get the rest of our things unpacked and put away. We hung a few of the pictures up and just organized his bedroom.

And I am so excited to say that they finally began to put in the pool today. I am hoping by the time we get back from Texas it will be completed.

And speaking of Texas, it looks like we will be heading there next Thursdayish. Kevin will be having two surgeries the following week on his chin and lip. I don't really know anything more than that, other than we will be there until roughly July 2 (Breezy's birthday). I was really hoping they would do his eye first, but I guess not.

And that about sums up our day. Tomorrow - we are doing nothing. NOTHING! I want to just veg out and rest. Sure hope it happens...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Leslie, Kevin, and Breezy. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to see you while you were here in East Brady. I haven't posted for quite sometime, but I've been reading this everyday. I will definately see you when all of you come back in July. It is so great to see how well Kevin is doing with everything. All of you have come a long way in the past year. God bless you all and take care. Hope to see you next month, Bob Fornelli

Anonymous said...

Check out www.iava.org
Just saw it on the Today Show, and thought of you guys. It is a special veterans site for the young men injured in Iraq and Afghanistan...to meet the needs of "younger" veterans. Hope it gives you more aid.
-Emily

Unknown said...

Hi Les and Kev
Kev- I was really glad to see you at KC high school. I honestly can't believe Kevin how far you have come and how much you have recovered from your injuries. I can only imagine what next year will bring for you! And then you stood up and took a step and I was amazed! Awesome job! You know we still think about you and pray for you. Keep working on getting stronger, you were always so strong. You weren't the biggest guy in class but you were strong. It was great to see you.

Leslie- It was nice to see you too. I feel like I didn't get a chance to say much. I was so surprised that you both were here and Kev could travel that far. I hadn't read your blog in a while and I was blown away when the office told me you guys were coming to visit! Hopefully I'll see you all again at the Purple Heart ceremony in July. I wouldn't miss that for the world. Take care, keep strong and keep your head up. Lori Undercuffler

Anonymous said...

Leslie-
I have been catching up on reading your blog entries. If Kevin is able to fly to PA this summer - try noise cancelling headphones. I know the noise on the planes really bothers me and that tyoe of headphones help me cope with the noise that I encounter when flying.