Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day 116 - Sept 24, 2008

We created a monster, lol. Kevin now sings constantly. We were walking down the
hallway and he was just singing at the top of his lungs being the ham that he
always has been! It was just so funny!

One great thing about this is that he is making all kinds of sounds while
singing. He’s not comprehending that if he can sing the words, he can say them,
but he will.

Not much else happened today. He did eat more cheesecake (Oreo this time) for
lunch and his therapies went well. We did go outside for a while, but it was so
windy today that I was worried about his eyes so we came back in rather quickly.
He has been blinking quite frequently, but not enough for me to stop worrying
about dry eyes.

I am going to just catch up on some of the questions since there really isn’t
anything else for me to say.

Brenda (and anyone else that wants to know where to send stuff) - send it all to
Kevin. The hotel hasn’t been overly accommodating with the mail, lol. And he
loves it when they bring him letters.

Debbie - Kevin does have a laptop that we watch movies on and so far he can only have soft foods. Like cheesecake and puddings and stuff. Tomorrow we are making him macaroni and cheese though. It's a soft solid.

Lorraine and Rick - we did receive the pics of Howard the Duck! We laughed our
butts off! It was so nice of you guys to send them to us and it was nice to see
the family photos! And of course we remember you guys! I met a lot of wonderful
people while owning that store!

Lori - please scrapbook a page for me, lol. I miss time for hobbies. I started www.scrapmuse.com years ago (but then sold it). I had just gotten back into scrapping about 6 months before the incident.

Lori from PGH - there is a Browns fan nurse here and every time she comes into Kevin's room she says "Go Browns". Well, Kevin makes all these faces at her and shoos her from the room. It is so funny. She does it just to rile him and it works every time. I can't remember if he was a die hard fan, but I know Breezy is, lol.

I'm gonna quit now and finish watching a movie I started last night. Goodnight all!

6 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh.. I wish I could hear him singing! I sing really loud in the car by myself, to my favorite CD's ,.. but trust me.. NO ONE would want to hear it! lol
But it's good for the soul!
SO.. sing all you want Kevin.. and sing really LOUD!!!

Anonymous said...

I see the other site is down - about time. Good for you! You guys are in our prayers - I saw some pictures of Breezy enjoying herself with Chrissy and Anthony. It was good seeing her happy and relaxed - now you need to get out and get a break too. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers hourly. We miss you! Lots of Love
Jessica (Juart) Bish

Jodi said...

Hi Leslie!

Like Vicki said, I wish I could hear Kevin sing too! Do you have video or voice recording on your cell phone that maybe you could record him singing and post on here????? Just wondering...
I am so happy for all 3 of you! Things are going good and you can "hear" the happiness and excitement in your posts! That is AWESOME!
Here is to another great day for all of you today!!!
Healing and positive thoughts for Kevin.
Strength and love for you and Breezy.
Safe thoughts for all the military personnel.
Big hugs for all of you!!!!!!
Love ya!!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Anonymous said...

Leslie..how awesome is the progress Kevin is making. Every day I read the blog now, I am just overjoyed. I can't imagine how you and Breezy must feel. He is in there for sure, it will just take some time for him to re-learn. Keep on going Kevin, you are doing great!!
I wasn't going to mention it, but someone else already did, so I will jump on also. I noticed the "other site" is down, maybe you could share the why of that with us..I personally think it is a good thing it is gone!!..you and Breezy take care, try to relax a little and stay strong. As always we continue to pray for all three of you.

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I was on a short vacation and had no access to the internet, but now that I'm home and can get caught up on your blogs, I'm sooo happy to read all of the wonderful progress that Kevin has made. I am thrilled for you and Breezy. Wow, Kevin has come so far in these last few weeks. I can't even imagine the joy you must be feeling. I would love to be able to see all of you in person because I really can't express in words and on "paper" how I feel about you. I wish I could give you all a big hug. Can't wait until you're all back home!

Anonymous said...

So very glad things are going well.

I just watch the posted video - isn't the song a little ironic???

Tell Kevin to keep up the good work! Who would have thought 116 days ago he would have made all this progress. If you would have only known, you would have had much less stress worrying about this and that.....isn't life funny?