Sunday, September 21, 2008

Day 112 - Sept 20, 2008

Kevin was in fine form all day today, lol. He was just joking and carrying on so much. Today he would fake cry to get attention. Him and Breezy were even playfully fighting and they also arm wrestled. My nephew Anthony and his friend Matt made it down to visit (and they brought my car - yay!) and Kevin was so hamming it up in front of them. I don't know if we have ever laughed as hard as we did today.

We did go outside today too, but it was kinda stormy and a little too breezy so we didn't stay out long.

And I noticed over the last few days that Kevin has been blinking his eyes quite often throughout the day. This is a really big deal! I noticed the other night that he was sleeping with his eyes halfway closed too. These two things are so exciting!

Now because I haven't had time to answer any of the questions lately, I have a huge amount of them in my inbox. I am going to get to some of them tonight and some of them tomorrow night.

First, someone asked if they could print the picture of Kevin off to show their family. I guess I don't have a problem with that if it is used with dignity. I do not allow this picture (or any others) to be posted on any other websites though. If someone online wants to see his pics, they will have to link to my blog (not link to the picture).

The same person also mentioned that Tim should come more often so Kevin would understand he will come back, but Tim tells us that he just can't come anymore than he is. To use his words from last week - he has "family matters" he needs to deal with (which btw, I did have to remind him that Kevin should be considered family too and it really wasn't appropriate for him to say that in front of Kev). Oh, and he also has a job and bills to pay. Breezy and I both said to each other that he could have the cardboard box on the lot next to ours, but we think we are the only ones that will see the humor in that comment, lol. (you gotta laugh about not having a home, right?)

Cathy asked if we have shown Kevin any of the cards that have been sent to him. We did show him a ton of them while he was in Texas, but they just got here two days ago from there and I haven't unpacked yet to take all of them to him. He does get mail here now and he looks at every card and I read him what's inside.

Mikki - thanks for the offer of your home for Breezy when she goes to the game, but she needs to come back that night. The person that is going with her has to be at the airport early the next day.

Someone asked what happened to day 105's post? It's there now. It was the strangest thing in that it was showing up as a draft and not a post. Yet y'all had seen the picture so I have no idea what that was about...

Brenda, you asked about foam dominoes and giant checkers - Kevin can actually use normal sized stuff. He has his fine motor skills with his left hand and can even put the cap back on the toothpaste. Thanks for the offer, though!

Phew! That's enough for tonight. I will try to get the rest answered tomorrow night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So wonderful to hear continuing progress and good news. We're still praying.

Unknown said...

Les, how exciting to hear Kevin was being the jokester he is. I can picture the joy you all shared. I think family being around is very therapeutic for him. Look how far he's come to this point. I hope you all have another great day today. Thinking of and praying daily for you all. Love you!
Diana

Unknown said...

Hi Leslie,

that's ok..I just thought that the white circles were larger on the domino's and he could see them better..

Brenda

Anonymous said...

All these things are so encouraging! It sounds like Kevin is becoming more and more interactive and like his old self. Praise God!