Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 102 - Sept 10, 2008

I think Kevin is getting sick. He has a slight temp today and he wasn't in a very good mood at all throughout most of the day. He mostly slept so we didn't get to eat or drink anything and we didn't get the trach removed either. We also didn't get in the chair. Please, please don't let this be an infection! We have been doing so well...

Because the day was like it was, I am just going to answer some questions and then go to bed early tonight. I am still so very tired.

Someone asked if therapists are being lumped in with the docs when I mention them and the answer is yes. So far we have a list of about 12 therapists, docs, surgeons, dietitians, etc. I will give a complete list after we have our first family meeting in a week or so.

Haleigh - Please go give Moe your phone number and I will call you. I just don't have time to keep up with my email as it is and am afraid it will take too long to go back and forth in that manner. I am sure Kevin will be excited to learn that he is being featured in the school newspaper!

Donna - I tried to read Bleachers but just couldn't do it. I don't want to read about football from Grisham - I want law stories, lol. As to the letters, my friend Joanie from here in Florida is sending some down. Thanks so much for the offer though!

Debbie - if that was you posting from armyparents, tell Josh that Kevin is doing so much better than when he visited us in TX! I know that Kevin will want to thank Josh himself someday for 'commandeering' that ambulance on the scene, and I do believe Kevin will say the words eventually!

Mikki - a long time ago you mentioned a form of communication that you use with Cole - I have just never gotten around to calling you and have so wanted to. I promise to do so soon!

I think I got everyone's questions. If I missed any, please send them again. Goodnight everyone!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Leslie,

Hang in there sweetie..It just might be all the newness has finally caught up with Kevin...

I know when I over do things I'm not use to doing I always run a low grade fever..let me get extra sleep and I'm raring to go..

As always Kevin, you & Breezy are in my prayers..I'll send an extra one up..

Did you get the "cat" i sent you in Tx.?? Hope it didn't get lost in transit..

hugs,

Bree

Lisa Damrosch said...

Extra prayers from here too. Hopefully Kevin just needs a little break from the move and all of the progress he's been making.

Vicki Chrisman said...

Here's praying for NO infection.. and that tomorrow is a better day! Hugs friend!

Anonymous said...

Sending hugs and support-hang on! Such a roller coaster ride and you can't see what's around the corner. You're out of Texas and on to the next part of Kevin's recovery. That was a lot-the move-for all of you! I bet Kevin just needs some time to take it all in. I admire you so much!

Sophie

Jodi said...

Hey Leslie,
Stay strong and think positive!!
I will keep extra positive thoughts for Kev today!!!
Hang in there Kevin! Keep fighting kiddo!!
Healing and positive thoughts for Kevin.
Safe thoughts for all military personnel.
Big hugs and lots of kisses for all of you!!
All my love,
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Anonymous said...

Will be sending a extra pray tonight, Hope he feels better today. He may need rest. I am so amazed by you and breezy, Your son is an amazing person. I cant wait to read tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying that there is no infection and that he's just overtired. That would be such a shame. But he's done so well this week! I hope you and Breezy are getting some well-deserved rest, some time where you can just "zone out" for a while and let your brains rest!

Unknown said...

Leslie, I have been following your blog for some time now and want you to know that I pray daily for Kevin's recovery! I also pray for you and Breezie and I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you! I hope the tempperture Kevin is running is just a passing virus of some sort and that you can quickly get down to the rehabilitation you went there for! I pray too for all the other young men and women serving our country. . . and for those who wait for them to come home!

You hang in there girl! God bless!