Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 914 - Nov 29, 2010

Today was a pretty hectic day. Kevin had therapy and while he was there, I went to clean the apartment. I did the bulk of it, but when I went down to grab more cleaning supplies out of the car, the elevator was broke down. I just gave up.

I was told Kevin did fantastic at therapy today too. The speech therapist was open to making a change to her teaching plan and she is working with Kevin on some new phrases. He is really moving that arm more and more all the time and when we went for a walk tonight I was impressed to see him step on and off the curb with ease. We also 'raced' to the mailboxes and he was able to push his speed quite a bit - although not for long. It's a start though...

And then we got stuck in rush hour traffic coming home from therapy. It looks like that's how it's gonna roll every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from here on out. But we are going to continue to go to Global Rehab - even though it's across town - because Kevin does really well there and that is more than half the battle.

Then tonight Kevin and I decided to sit down and watch the last Harry Potter movie because we are going to go see the new one tomorrow afternoon. I fell asleep on the couch within twenty minutes and Kevin decided to give it up and go to his room. His iPad was apparently calling his name, lol.

I am hoping he goes to sleep soon though. I'm tired...

No comments: