Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 893 - Nov 8, 2010

Mom, Kevin, Johnny and I went to the comedy show tonight as planned. Of course Breezy was there too as she is on the Humor For Heroes committee. It was a really fun time, but I don't think Kevin will go back. He did make it through the whole show, but he never does well with a lot of talking and we all know how fast and talkative comedians are.

And we did go to the doctor's today about Kevin's pain management, but I don't think a real enough change was made. I am going to call the doc again tomorrow and discuss it further. He did mention the TMJ again and we are looking into the dentist's report to see if a proper scan was done of the alignment of Kevin's jaw. It does make sense if his jaw is out of whack being that he landed on the side of his head/face during the blast. Hopefully we will have an answer on this soon.

I am going to just answer a few comments tonight as there are so many in my inbox.

Michelle Long - we have no idea how long we will be in Texas. We never 'really' make plans because nothing ever goes the way it should so we just basically ride the wave. I can say it will be at least up through March or so (at least I think so).

Desert Crone - Kevin's right hand isn't bandaged, it's a cloth 'brace' of sorts, that keeps his hand from being clenched so tightly. We forgot to bring it when we came to TX and have been rolling up a washcloth every night to put in his palm. We found it while back in FL and he is back to using it now.

GrannieEv - Kev is on a sinus medication already. A while back he was always grabbing the bridge of his nose frequently and we put him on Zyrtec then. According to his CT Scans his sinuses are clear, so it must be working. Also - I laughed hysterically at the card you sent. And I agree with what you said totally. I meant to email you, but never got to it - sorry!

Miss Em - I don't think Kevin asked for a ride on a bike because I don't think he could actually get on one. His good leg would be the only one that would be able to bend enough to get over the seat, but his bad leg would never hold him up long enough to do so. Truthfully, I'm not so sure he could balance on one either with him being 'paralyzed' on his right side. He has none/or very little feeling on that side in all areas and it would be so dangerous, I think. Of course, I could totally be wrong, and I'm sure we'll find out someday, lol. He is quite the daredevil, eh?

Ok, I know there are plenty more, but I am beat and want to just relax for a bit.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad Kevin was able to sit through the whole show, even if it was a struggle for him. That just shows how far he's come along.

I hope the doctors figure out a solution to Kevin's pain soon! If it's a jaw alignment thing, maybe they can fit him with a brace of some sort.

I've been thinking of you all and keeping you in my prayers.

Long-time RN said...

Sure hope the docs can get a handle on the pain situation. How frustrating for you both.