Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 895 - Nov 10, 2010

Kevin had physical and speech therapies today. It was the first time he had speech at the same place where he goes to OT and PT at and I really liked how this therapist worked with him. She spent more than an hour asking him all types of questions and he did fantastic!

I spent quite a bit of time making phone calls this morning to get information on what can be done on this elevator/apartment situation. Between the ADA, the PVA, the Fair Housing Act and many others, I am thinking it might just be best to call the investigative news channel here in SA and see if they can do anything. All of the other options are going to take weeks (if not months) to see any results and I also worry about an emergency and needing to evacuate Kevin and the elevator being down.

So after therapy, we ran my parents over to Breezy's and her and Chris took them out for dinner. Johnny met us there and picked up Kevin and the two of them went off looking for trouble and I was all by myself for hours. I drove around for a while, picked up some candy flavorings as my daughter is craving Hard Tack Candy and then I went home and did nothing. I really wanted to go out and do something, but have no idea what to do. It was dark by the time I got near home so going to a park was out of the question. Oh well...I did get to talk to Moe today and it's been a LONG time since I did that so that was great!

And that's pretty much it for today.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO HONOR THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED, BOTH PAST AND PRESENT, ON THIS VETERAN'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 comments:

Long-time RN said...

Our thanks to your family this Veteran's Day and every day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Veteran's Day! Thank you to Kevin and all of you for everything you do! We appreciate all of you!
Take care,
Kathy in IA

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, KEVIN...

Tracey from Pgh. said...

A simple thank you is never enough.....

Jodi said...

Thank you Kevin for your service and sacrifice!! Thank you Leslie and Breezy for your sacrifices as well! I love you all very much!!

Thank you to all our Veterans and troops!! God Bless you all!!!

Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Shawnsgirl315 said...

Sending thanks again to Kevin for all he has sacraficed for our country.
Michelle

Kris said...

Hi Kevin, Leslie, Breezy and Family - I wanted to send a few words to let you know that on this day you and all of our Veterans are in my thoughts and my prayers in a very special way.

Without you all, this great country could never, would never be. To say "Thank You" just seems so inadequate considering you've all made the way of life we know even possible.

And to you Leslie, Breezy, your entire family and all of the military families out there - THANK YOU to you too. The families of our heroes are, in fact, the backbone of this country.

God bless you all and Thank You once again.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kevin, today and everyday for serving our country.

Pattie said...

Happy Veterans Day to Kevin!

I love this day. I have pilots, sailors, devil dogs, and soldiers whom I remember fondly on this day. In nearby Green Valley the main street is lined on both sides with American flags. I drive down just to see them. My heart is full and thankful on this day.

And, I love, love, love the video you posted. It gave me goose-bumps. Did you know that just before the Patriot Guard Riders leave on a mission we form a circle, hold hands, and sing that very song? I often remember the words of the woman who encouraged me to join the PGR -- "They may look scary to you, but go. Just go. They are the nicest people you'll ever meet."

There is a campaign all day here for donations to Fisher House. Is that happening everywhere? I sure hope so.

Free time you don't know what to do with? May you have much, much more of it!!
~P~

Wife of a Wounded Soldier said...

Thank you Kevin. You have sacrificed so much. I will be forever grateful. Thank you too Leslie for what you have sacrificed for your son. It doesn't go unnoticed.

Pattie said...

Lisa - you can check this out on Facebook. The DVD is available thru National Geographic. It isn't gruesome, it's mostly about their emotional lives together.......Note he's 173rd Airborne!

"On November 16, 2010, Staff Sergeant Sal Giunta of the 173rd Airborne will become the first living Medal of Honor recipient since the Vietnam War.

His actions occurred in Afghanistan's Korengal Valley during the deployment chronicled in the movie 'Restrepo.'"

~P~

Anonymous said...

Thanks is definitely not enough, but I am SO proud and thankful Kevin that you have family who loves and cares for you so much! So glad to hear today went well!
Mellisa, Enon Valley, PA

Jessica said...

Kevin, your service and sacrifice are appreciated more than you can know. Thank you and may God bless you and continue to heal you. You and your family are continually in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that I havent written in so long but it is a belated Vet Day thank you to a wonderful young man and his wonderful family! God bless you and your sacrifice for all of us. We can never repay you and tell you enough how special you are to every american. Love to you all, and soon a little child will enter this terrific family! Love, The Reeves Gang.