Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 1107 - Jun 10, 2011

I spent pretty much the whole day on the phone today dealing with multiple issues (close to 8 hours total). Kevin did really well allowing me to, but he knew what all I was dealing with and just kept sending me away after I did whatever he called me for. Such a difference from a year ago when he would never have allowed me on the phone like that.

He did tell me he wanted club sandwiches for dinner tonight and he jokingly told me we needed to fly to Pittsburgh and go to Dingbats restaurant. I told him that would be a pretty expensive meal and he informed me that the Army would pay for it. I burst out laughing - as he did too. Where he comes up with this stuff I'll never know.

Other than that we didn't do much today. We did watch a movie tonight - we have actually been watching one a night for the last week or so. At least he's been coming out of his room to do it.

And before I sign off - Wife of a Wounded Soldier - no, I will not be attending the writing conference next weekend. It appears that the WWP forgot about me and when I contacted them the other day to ask for the details they mentioned that all 40 slots were quickly filled. She could clearly hear the disappointment in my voice and told me she would try to fit me in, but I told her not to bother. She did mention a mother's retreat in the fall, but I don't think I'll hold my breath...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to hear Kev's sense of humor is back, that's the Kev I remember. Oh Leslie what a mothers love can do with the grace of God's help. I know the road is long and yeah hard but your doing it with grace and love. Good job Leslie. Wayne's mom Becky

Janet said...

It's been a year since I've read your posts. Looks like Kev has come quite a ways sense then. Blessings to you both.

Janet Givens

Pattie Matheson said...

What a kick to hear that Kevin's expressing a sense of humor in an exchange that showed his quick come-back!! Must make you so proud to see him improving so much.

So sorry about the workshop. They missed a good one when they let you slip thru the cracks.

~P~

Wife of a Wounded Soldier said...

Ugh! I am so sorry to hear about that. I was hoping to hug your neck. What a mess!