Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 1099 - Jun 2, 2011

Today Johnny, his girlfriend Nessa, Kevin and I all went to the McNay Art Museum. We got to see most of it, but will have to go back for another wing of the house that we were just too tired to get to. It was really a great evening for all of us.

I did grab just a few pics in the courtyard and here they are:









I'm sure you can all figure out which is my favorite, lol.

And this morning I called Team Red, White & Blue, which is an organization that Tracey from Pittsburgh turned me on to (Thanks Tracey!!). From what I am seeing, they find companionship for those that are wounded that become isolated due to their injuries. I talked to the founder for quite a while and although they aren't set up in SA yet, they are going to figure something out and get back to me within a few days. I really liked their attitude and I hope this all comes to fruition. I am determined to get Kevin away from the TV so much!

I think I have him agreeing to therapeutic horseback riding lessons and now I just need to figure out where to go to for something like that. It's Texas - so surely they have something out there somewhere...you know...cowboys and all that, lol...

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Great pictures looking good Kevin. Hope you guys have a good weekend, better then the last one. Love ya, Lorraine and Rick

Anonymous said...

Here's a few links to get you started!! Hope this helps and takes some of the leg work out for you!!

http://www.triplehequitherapy.org/page/315034263

http://www.thesaddlelightcenter.com/index.html

God Bless you and Kevin!!

Heather

Tracey from Pgh. said...

I'm so glad that you got in touch with Team Red, White and Blue, Leslie. They really do look like a great organization. I hope that they can help you and Kevin out. Have a great weekend!