Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 1221 - Oct 3, 2011

We were pretty busy today. I am starting to really feel better so I took advantage of it and really got some errands run.

We also had a gentleman come today to give us an estimate on getting some modifications done to Kevin's bathroom. I want to put a permanent seat in his shower because his shower chair has a crack in it and keeps cutting into his thigh. We did get a new one from the VA, but it fell apart after just a couple of uses - thank goodness I hadn't thrown the old one out yet. We also need a shelf or something that sits at a certain height to have Kevin be able to lay his right elbow on so that he can put deodorant under that arm. Without one, he can't do it himself and obviously our goal is to get him to be able to be as independent as he possibly can.

That's pretty much it for tonight. I am watching Dancing with the Stars while I am writing this and for those of you that watch it - how about that dance by JR Martinez? What a tribute to all of our military members! And what an amazing dance by an inspirational person! He just reminds me so much of Kevin each week...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been voting for him each week this season, and last night showed I made the right choice. His story is amazing ( as is Kevin's), and I was in tears at the end of his dance. It's a shame it wasn't further along in the season, he would have gotten a 10 from Carrie Ann Inaba. Glad you are feeling better. Love, Aunt Mona

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are feeling better. J>R> on DWTS is just awesome. After his dance last night, I just cried. I thought of Kevin right away as he was talking about his amazing recovery. I sure hope he wins the trophy.

Anonymous said...

lorna

Valerie S said...

I love J.R. I have been a long-time watcher of All My Children, and really loved it when he came on the show. Leslie, I really like new look of your blog. I hope it's new anyway.....please don't tell me you changed it a month ago (and I'm just now noticing it!!)