Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 1011 - Mar 6, 2011

We had yet another lazy day today. Breezy brought the baby over for a little while this afternoon as we don't get to see him all that much now that she's back to work, but that's pretty much it. I don't even think we left the house all weekend.

Tomorrow though, it's back to the grindstone.

I really hope the VA comes through soon with the sign off for Kevin to go to ResCare too. I have to wonder how long ResCare is going to continue holding a bed for him. They are losing money while waiting and it's already been two weeks since the decision was made. I guess the paperwork is sitting on someone's desk in fee basis (the dept that authorizes payment on services outside of the VA hospital). I sure hope it's soon otherwise we also run the risk of Kevin changing his mind. I am trying to keep him pumped up about it, but I see his excitement waning. I so hope this doesn't take months...


Anonymous said...

I wonder if it has not been fee based due to the budget. The VA is waiting for the big guys to pass some kind of a budget. There has been rumor that employees would go without pay if the budget does not get passed. I know they passed a temporary two week thing, but unsure what services were affected.

Just a thought.

Jessica said...

That's really disappointing about the wait from the VA and frustrating that it's out of your hands at the moment. I know how much you and Kevin are both anticipating this new adventure.

I've been kind of wondering were there any surprises from the results of Kevin's neuro-psych tests? Like did he do better at things than the doctors were anticipating, that kind of thing?

Hope you got some answers today about ResCare. I'm praying God gives someone a nudge (or a swift kick, whichever) to get the papers signed!