Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 424 - Jul 27, 2009

Yay! We made it home safe and sound. Kevin did remarkably well (once again) on the flight and throughout the airport. I am just so glad that you guys mentioned the Injured Soldier Program with the TSA. What a difference that makes!

And I most excited about the fact that we actually get to stay here for a whole 6 weeks or so! That will be the longest we have stayed in one place in many months. We need this, I think. We need to just unwind and get things really unpacked and put away. We just need to get into a routine and live a little - without counting down the days until we leave to go wherever.

And I do want to say I'm sorry that I haven't been writing much while we were home in PA. I will tell you that I have barely slept at all during the last week or so. There were many nights I just didn't even fall asleep. I have a lot on my mind and I plan to share everything over the next few days - just not tonight. I really am too tired to get into all of it and I am so hoping that I can finally get some sleep.

In the meantime though, I need to figure out why my fuse keeps blowing in the garage/pool/outdoor area and do dishes and laundry before I can get to bed. With that being said, I am going to sign off now. Catch y'all tomorrow...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Les,

So happy to hear you made it there safe and sound!!!

Loved seeing you recently!!!

Watched Kevin on Channel 10...he moved my entire family!!! I became rather fragile watching it on tv...I did what you said...focus on your pool not being done as of yet, but I still cried...you are a much stronger person than I!!!

Travis said to say "thanks". He really enjoyed the time at the Monroe...not sure if he enjoyed YOUR salad, the cheesecake, or all of the female company...Personally, I think he enjoyed the company and his Transformer the most. He was happy to hear that Kevin loved that movie, too. Transformers seem to rule...at least for Kevin and Travis...as a side note, he watched the Purple Heart Ceremony and talked endlessly about you...

Take care of yourself...hope you enjoy some quiet time in one place...You are back to your new home, I hope Kevin feels secure there...If so, he will be so much more at ease.


Thanks for taking the time to see us!!!

Love ya all...

Kristen

Lorraine said...

Hi Guys,
Glad to hear all went well getting back to Florida. It was great seeing you and getting some time to talk. Enjoy your time at the house. Big question Did the Pool Get Done??? Take care tell Kevin Get Back to Work, Do the therapy continue to get stronger. He Can Do It.
Lorraine, Rick and Howard "the duck"

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
I,m sure the pool has a pump. If they finished the pool, make sure they didn't tie the electrical for it into the garage/outdoor light area. You don't want to overload a circuit and have the possibility of a fire.
That being said, glad you had a good time in PA and a good trip home. Now you have 6 weeks to relax and unwind.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home - you sound so happy, albeit tired. Tired and happy is just great, isn't it?

I finished "Over My Head" (the excellent book I sent you) recently and, when you get all rested would you mine sharing what type of TBI therapy program Kevin will have? I can't remember if you already told us or if there isn't one planned yet. My memory (lots of senior moments abound) is that his PT is mainly physical.

No hurry - just when you have a minute.

Hugs,

Cathy M

Kris said...

YAY! So glad, happy and relieved that the trip home went well and that you're back home and ready to enjoy some much earned & deserved R&R. As always there are thoughts, prayers, support and loads and loads of extra special Angel hugs on their way to you all, each and every day. God bless you.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Miss Em said...

Leslie,

Anonymous..July 28 @ 8:58A said that you should make sure that the pool pump wasn't tied into the garage and out-door lighting.

Well from helping my first husband, a master electrican, I can pretty much tell from what you have said that's exactly what they did.
The pool pump should be on it's own breaker whick means that it should have it's own leg of power.
A pool pump will pull a lot of power on it's own.
You will need to get THEIR electrician back out and have them re-wire it immediately. If he can't do it then you will need to get an electrician out ASAP to run a seperate leg for that pool pump.
It's like 'Anon' said, "overload circuit and have the possibility of a house fire."

********

Glad that Kevin enjoyed the flight home and you will have time to put feet up and savor a cup of coffee.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Jessica said...

Glad to hear you're home safely and that all went well. The Injured Soldier Program sounds like a Godsend.

Hope you can catch up on your sleep this week. I'm sure Kevin's exhausted, too, from all the excitement.

I'll be thinking of you both and keeping you in my prayers.