Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 403 - Jul 6, 2009

Yep. Today my baby turned 21. I cannot believe that I am old enough to have a 21 and a 25 year old! Where in the heck did all the years go? Seriously?

So we didn't really do much today. We got up and went to check out a new location for Kevin to go to therapy. The hospital is not really working for us because it's too far for me to drive to more than once a day and Kevin can't handle all of his daily therapies back to back. It also takes at least a half hour to find a parking spot and that stresses both of us out. So we found one closer and we are hoping that we can work the schedule out that we go in the morning and again in the afternoon.

After that we did a little shopping at Wal-mart and hit Subway (of course) and then came home and rested for a few hours. We had to go to WM to buy a bottle opener because Kevin wanted to have a beer today and I had no way to open the bottle. Here he is drinking his first "legal in the US" beer (In Germany you can drink at 18 so he has already drank legally in Europe, lol):



I am so glad because he only took one sip and didn't like it. Thank you! He really can't drink with the medications he is on.

And I am going to leave you with a photo of the pool as of today. Breezy should be here any minute and I want to be finished so that I can help her unload the car. Anyway, here is the pool - so very unfinished. They did come today and even out the dirt around it so they might be pouring the decking tomorrow? Who knows, lol.



And thanks everyone for the umbrella suggestions. I did order 3 of them today and I got a better deal on some of the furniture. It will take 4-6 weeks for all of it to be here, but that's ok. We won't hardly be here anyway. We leave in 10 days to go back to PA, come home to FL for a couple of weeks and then head to Texas again.

And I just heard my daughter so tootaloo!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kevin!!! I'm happy Breezy made it ok too! :)
I'm glad you were able to order your umbrellas and the pool looks great so far!
Take care,
Kathy in IA

Gretchen said...

Happy 21st Birthday, Kevin!!! Love you, Les!!! :)

Jodi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN!!!!!

I am glad Breezy made it home. I bet you are both glad she is with you again. I like the pool! I bet it will be beautiful when all done.

I hope you all have a great day today!!

BIG HUGS AND ALL MY LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Kris said...

Happy Belated Birthday KEVIN!!! And a Happy Belated Birthday to you Leslie & Breezy!! And Leslie, you don't look old enough to have an 11 and a 15 year old!

I've been catching up on the blogs as I've been away and I will tell you that I cried my eyes out when I read the one about your experience with Southwest. Fantastic.

Pool is lookin good!!! You will have to let us know when the first pool party is! :)

Thoughts, prayers, support and loads and loads and loads of extra special Angel Hugs are always coming your way, each and every day.

And by the way, Kevin you look just fantastic. WOW. THAT SMILE!!

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Unknown said...

Dear Kevin ~ Happy 21st Birthday!!

I hope this year brings you all your greatest wishes.

There is a saying I use in Bella Verita, when speaking of dreams and goals. "Dreams are simply goals we have to work a little harder on. Unless you dream of becoming a Unicorn in King Arthur's Court, any dream can come true."

Dream big and make them your goals.

Leslie, wait until he is 31!!! THAT is when you REALLY wonder how you managed to stay the same age and the children keep getting older!!

And to Brianna...I am glad you are safe with your family. Keep in touch, and if there is anything I can do, just ask.

Love hugs and prayers...Always....

Vicki Chrisman said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN!!!

Anonymous said...

You must get a fence up ASAP because a pool will be considered an "attractive nuisance" and you could be held responsible for any kids who enter your property.