Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 419 - Jul 22, 2009

Thanks for the support, everyone. I was just so angry last night, but like always - I have moved on. There are just too many things to do and feel in a day for us and I can't waste another minute on them.

Today we had all kinds of company and it was mostly a pretty nice day. I went out with my friends from work for dinner and that was about the only time we had an issue. I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but Kevin has extreme separation anxiety. Because we are rarely apart, he gets very upset when I do go somewhere. I had already went out with Moe for dinner last night and when I went to leave again tonight he got very angry. Uncontrollably. I still went because I can't give in to it, but it's hard and Breezy had a very rough couple of hours having to deal with it.

We are working on this issue. It will help that we have an aide coming in now to help while we are in Florida and it will also make a difference having Breezy back home. The problem is that I just really can't afford to go out and do things all the time just to get him used to being away from me. Oh well, I guess I'll figure it out.

So as I mentioned, we did have a good day. Kevin's friend Evan and his family came to visit. So did some of my friends, some of Breezy's friends, both Rebecca and Mike from the PPG came and then Ronnie came and spent a few hours this evening. Matter of fact, he just left a little bit ago. It is just so wonderful to have Kevin's friends come in and visit him. It brightens his whole day up. I sure wish everyone could just move to Florida to be with us, lol.

And I forgot to mention that Ronnie, Kevin and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie yesterday. Kevin is a super avid HP fan and I have to admit that I like them too.

And now to remark on some of the posts from recently:

Jenna - girl - you should have said something at the restaurant. We would have loved it. We always love meeting new people. And I do remember seeing you there, matter of fact Breezy thought you guys looked familiar, lol.

Jesse - thanks for clearing up that the Legion Riders and the Patriot Guard are indeed two different things. I was getting confused, lol. And feel free to stop in when you make it down to Tampa.

Simpleswine - the odds are slim that Kevin will get another promotion any time soon. He has already had 3 in the last year and I was told that SGT may never happen for him. Someone remind me to talk about the retirement another night as it's a whole post unto itself.

Anne V - I will keep your info about the bike club. That sounds like such fun, but you are right - the timing isn't right yet. I'll let you know when it is though. Thanks!

And now I am going to go watch the ceremony on the A-Channel. I recorded it this afternoon so that I could watch it.

5 comments:

Ashten said...

First off i want to say how AMAZING it was to see kevin last weekend. I missed him so much and he looked so good =] For all that he has been through he hasn't changed a bit, it's still the same old kevin, and i bet if he could have talked better he would have made a funny smart ass comment when he saw me lol. I just wished i would have been able to spend more time with him. His ceremony was beautiful, and I'm just very proud of all 3 of you!!! I love you all very much!

p.s. Is there any way you can send me the picture you took of the two of us?? My email is drama_queen71155@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Support is a good thing. Hopefully being able to unload your feelings and have support helps you get through hard situations.

When you say "The problem is that I just really can't afford to go out and do things all the time just to get him used to being away from me. Oh well, I guess I'll figure it out."--Maybe it will help to know that many are in your shoes. The economy sucks. To many McDonalds is now a luxury, if they can even go at all.

There are so many things you can do that are free--check the chamber of commerce or the library in your area. I am sure they can make many suggestions.

Good luck. It is a nice thing so many of Kevin's events are taped. It will be nice to sit down and watch them over again as a family.

Kris said...

Hey there Leslie, Kevin & Breezy,

Been catching up on the posts and boy what a wonderful ceremony it was! The pics are GREAT and it was just wonderful to see Kev all decked out in his ACUs. To say that he looks just incredible is such an understatement!! I so wish I could have been there to witness such an incredible event, you were all in my thoughts and prayers in an extra special way on Sunday.

And here's another enormous understatement - Tim is a ball-less schmuck! Never met the dude but it seems that calling him a schmuck is being much nicer and more civil than he deserves.

And Leslie, I'm always saying extra prayers for your strength - the weight of the world is literally on your shoulders and I don't know how you do it. You are truly an unbelievably incredible woman, mom, daughter, sister, PERSON. You are remarkable. I would love to shake your hand someday.

God bless you Leslie, Kevin & Breezy, thoughts prayers support and loads and loads of extra special Angel Hugs come your way every single day. And they always will.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Long-time RN said...

Pictures from the ceremony are wonderful. Kevin looks so relaxed and proud. You and Breezy look so lovely!

A good vent for a darn good reason. It would have been an honor to attend, too bad certain people couldn't reach beyond themselves and see the bigger picture.

Onward, blessings to you all.

Jessica said...

I'm glad you got to get out with your friends. You deserve some fun time on your own. Hopefully, having an aide for Kevin will help you develop a bit more of a life of your own again. You never know, maybe you'll be teaching classes at a local scrapbook store someday soon!

Take care. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.