Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 411 - July 14, 2009

Not much really happened today. I took Kevin for a haircut because he was starting to look like the old skater punk from the past and I just didn't think it fit the occasion for Sunday. Once that's over and he's 'retired' from the Army, he can do whatever he wants.

And that's about it. I met with the pool guy today to get the landscaping down and the fencing down and the outdoor kitchen down and the alarms down so that the pool is 100% complete upon our return. He assured me it would be!

We didn't have therapy today because it is closed on Tuesday. What a bummer, huh? But tomorrow we are back in the groove.

And now I am just going to answer a few comments real quick.

Cathy M - I got the book! I still haven't unpacked The Shack or My Stroke of Insight so I will try to grab it before we head to PA. Thank you!

Jessica - yes, Kevin's medical coverage will accept civilian hospitals. It is my goal to find a neurosurgeon that is not a resident so that we 'keep' him for years and not get a new one every 6 months. I think that is a vital key to Kevin's shunt/brain damage situation.

Kathy in IA - I didn't let Kevin's license lapse due to the date - I could have renewed it online, but I did it because he has lost all the vision from center line completely to the right (in both eyes) and he will more thank likely not be able to drive again. That was such a hard thing for me to do. It still hurts and I am starting to cry about it again so let me move on.

Actually, I really need to get to bed. I will try to hit some more tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish California wasn't so far from Pennsylvania. I sure would love to be there to honor Kevin, and show my gratitude to him for what he sacrificed for my freedom, and for those who will never know how much our military personnel have given for them.
I have two nephews who are about to deploy...one to Iraq for his second visit, and one to Afganistan. My brother-in-law just got back from Iraq in March. He went three times. And he had a suicide bomber attack his Stryker vehicle on his first tour. Two guys died, and he had both eardrums destroyed, both retinas detached, both orbits fractured, as well as both cheekbones, & his maxilla (upper jaw). He went to Germany and back to the US for repair work & recovery, then returned to serve two more tours. But he's home and safe, and moving on with his life. He's very blessed. I hope my nephews are as blessed. But through your blog, I am learning what could be....
Kevin, thank you so much for your bravery, and your toughness, and your dedication to your country and world. Thank you, sir.
With love and admiration, Barbara B.

Denver said...

Could you clarify what you mean by Kevin's retirement?