Monday, November 3, 2008

Day 156 - Nov 3, 2008

Today was a horrible day. Kevin was in extreme pain most of the day. Breezy actually went in at 9am and I was going to sleep in and go up at about noon or so, and she called me at about 9:30 and was scared. I ran up there and he was just wiped out. All the docs were there and the nurses too. He actually was like that most of the day - screaming in extreme pain one minute and literally sleeping the next minute.

I personally, once again, think it's too much fluid coming off his head at one time. When I got up there this morning, more than half of that sac of fluid was gone. It was there last night when I left and I asked if Kevin slept on his right side last night and I found out he did - causing the CSF to build pressure and drain faster. That whole sac is nearly gone.

Anyway, we did go for a CT scan, but I haven't heard the results yet. Other than that, neurosurgery didn't come up and take a look so we will see what tomorrow brings.

Needless to say though, we didn't do anything today so other than the pain issue - there is nothing to report. We didn't even come down to the house or anything. Hopefully Kevin will feel better tomorrow and we can get back to fun and games. I just hate to see him hurting like that. I would do anything to take that away!

11 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh man..so so sorry to hear Kevin was in so much pain today. As a mother I can only image how terrible that is for you also Les. I'll be praying that things get better and that his pain subsides. Here's to a better day tomorrow! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

So sorry Leslie. I hope they find out what is causing this. Maybe since he is doing so well up to the point when this happens, they could question him as to where it hurts when it is happening.
Hope today is much better.
Love ya
Susan

Jodi said...

I am so so sorry Kevin was in so much pain yesterday. That hurts my heart. And the pain you and Breezy must be feeling watching him suffer. Wish I were there to give you hugs...

C'MON DOCTORS, FIGURE IT OUT AND HELP HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there Kevin! You are a fighter kiddo. Sorry you had a tough day. Wish I could take your pain away....

Hopefully today is a better day!!

EXTRA healing and positive thoughts for Kevin.
EXTRA strength for Leslie and Breezy.
Safe thoughts for all military personnel and strength for their families.
BIG HUGS AND ALL MY LOVE FOR ALL 3 OF YOU!!!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Kris said...

Hi Leslie, Breezy & Kevin,

Saying loads of extra prayers for you all today - that Kevin's pain is gone and that he is feeling better, and for the massive amounts of strength, peace and comfort you need every day. And more. Big, enormous hugs are always on their way to you all. God bless you all, and we're all out here praying for you and praying with you!

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your day! Hope today brings something better for you guys :)

I'm a little confused about the CSF sac...isn't it draining supposed to be a good thing? Or does it shrink and then get bigger?

Prayers for you all,
Megan
SA from MD

Kay said...

Hang in there, my friend. I'm hoping they get to the bottom of Kevin's pain SOON. I cannot even imagine how tough it is to see your kids in that much pain. He's making so many amazing strides. I love you, girl!

The Rock said...

Kevin shouldn't be in pain ! The Dr. should give him enough to where he can rest ! With injuries like Kevin's
they should make him comfortable .
I can imagine how hard it is to see your Kid in so much Pain !
I hope that tomorrow will be better for him !
You are in my prayers
Petra
Soldiers Angel

Long-time RN said...

So very sorry to hear of Kevin's pain and no answers as to the cause...yet. Can't offer more than your other responders. Hang in there, so sorry you have to witness your child in such pain. I agree with The Rock, why isn't his pain being managed during these events? Or does the pain not respond to safe levels of meds? Thoughts and prayers for strength your way.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear Kevin's been in such pain. I've been praying about it and I hope the doctors have it under control by now. What a shame, and it's so hard for you to see him like that, of course. Praying for strength for you and Breezy, and relief and comfort for Kevin!

Anonymous said...

Hi Les,

While it is hard, I am 100% sure he is in much better care because you are present every single day!!! Kudos to you and Breezy for being there every step of the way. Fight for what you think he needs...you are his MOM!!! MOM's know best!!!!

Good days, bad days, Kevin has the best family EVER!!!! You are on top of his needs. Keep up the good work. Kevin is our hero, and so are you and Breezy!!!!!!!!!!!

You are in my prayers.

Kristen Mowery

Anonymous said...

I was so sorry to hear of your bad day yesterday!!!! I hope today was so much better! You guys are awesome...all of you. I'm praying for you all. Take care!!

Jen