Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 167 - Nov 14, 2008

Kevin started out having a crappy day as he had to have some sort of gastric test to find out why he is vomiting. The poor kid had to eat radioactive scrambled eggs for it too. He did well, although he did vomit, but it lasted two hours and he was exhausted by the time it was done.

We were supposed to go to the movies today with rec therapy too, but he just wasn't up to it.

But...we did get a van for the weekend so when I picked it up late this afternoon, we got Kevin loaded up and went for a long car ride (about an hour). We kinda just did a loop and didn't stray too far from the hospital just in case we had trouble. Kevin REALLY wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory today, but I talked him into waiting until tomorrow afternoon as it is a Friday night and it would've been packed. I also wasn't sure if he could handle going that far as we only went 2 blocks the other day and he was in so much pain.

So...if all goes well...tomorrow we are heading to International Plaza for Kevin to drool all over the glass showcase just full of awesomely delicious cheesecake, lol. I will take pics of the event too - it was already dark by the time we got him loaded up tonight.

Wish us luck tomorrow! I so want us to all have a good day!

4 comments:

The Rock said...

Leslie, I wish you all the Luck in the World ! Cheesecake , mhm.. My favorite !
I hope you all have a wonderful day !
Hang in there Kevin, it WILL get better !
You are always in my prayers !

Angel Hugs
Petra

Long-time RN said...

All the best! Hope it's a great day and Kevin gets his cheesecake!

Anonymous said...

Leslie, Hope the Cheesecame Factory will be fun for Kev as well as you and Breezy. Watch for a package. I sent it to Kevins address this time. I hope that you received the other. I am at work today so I can get through to you I hope. Love ya, Pam

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful day and eat lots and lots of cheesecake. Ummm by the way this family is hounding me for elephant ears. I'm like come on, first the French toast then the stuffing. Leslie I truely think you should just trade me families. I'll trade you Kevin and Breezy for Jody, Jessi and Derek Think about it your getting the better deal (three for two) LOL. Miss you lots Love always Tracy A. Jack