Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day 165 - Nov 12, 2008

We had a pretty decent day today. We did get a roommate and that's a little challenging, but at least he isn't flashing me, lol. He seems like a pretty good kid so we can handle it.

I had a long chat with Kev's primary doc today too about the sitter issues (among other things). I told him that I am not feeling safe here anymore due to all of the nursing issues and I don't think Kevin can be left alone. To be honest, I don't feel anybody that can't get a nurse's attention in times of distress should be left alone. So, I believe he was planning to add a sitter back onto the schedule, but it didn't happen yet. I'll be patient - until tomorrow.

I also straight up asked why they didn't just drain the rest of the fluid out of that sac above Kevin's left ear. To my way of thinking - the fluid is causing the vertigo and pressure pain. We should just drain it, right? But, he informed me that some of that sac is actually part of Kevin's brain. Now I knew it wasn't in it's proper place, but I didn't realize that it was out that far. And from what he said, it probably won't go back into place until the cranioplasty. Man, that scares me...

As to Kevin's pay issues - the liaison came to me today and told me it will probably take a while longer to get it figured out. I told him he still had 3 days but that was all he was getting. He said that someone up the line hasn't gotten to it yet and I told him that as long as he has his own butt covered all will be well...for him anyway. TR - I didn't drop your name exactly - but I did tell him that I 'knew' someone at the Pentagon that was just waiting to hear from me. It's not really funny (yet it is), but he started dripping and backpedaling and told me he would speak to me tomorrow. Man...he was scared. I suppose I shouldn't take such glee in this, but the look on his face was really funny. Showing my snarky side, eh?

Other than that, nothing much happened today. We did have a bone scan, but I don't have any results yet. It was just a follow up to the H.O. to see if it's still an issue or if there is more bone growing. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

So it's midnight and I am going home. The sitter will be here in a few minutes and I can feel safe leaving. Have a good night everyone!

4 comments:

Long-time RN said...

What's the old saying, "The squeaky wheel gets greased"! Good for you in speaking up. We'll be waiting to hear how quickly the pay issue response arrives. Keeping Kevin in prayers for continued healing. Take good care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to have a sit down with the doctor. They're the ones who get the ball rolling. I hope the sitter gets added back in pronto! And that is kinda funny about the liaison doing a 180 once he heard you have "connections". Guess I have a snarky side, too! ;)

It's wonderful that there was recognition for the Veterans on the 11th. So cool of Mike Ditka to come by and give his support. Kevin was obviously tickled by that! And don't feel bad, I barely know who Mike Ditka is either.

I'll be praying for clouds this weekend, lol! That would be great if you all could go. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie Well from what I read you deserve to be snarky. People should do the job they are being paid to do. If you read my note on the 12th, I told you about a site to look into but messed it up. It is community of veterans.org haven't looked at it but heard them talking about it on Veterans day. Take care of yourself.

The Rock said...

You go Leslie ! Sometimes you just have to step on a few Toes !
Have a good night !
Angel Hugs
Petra