Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 58 - July 28, 2008

They tapped Kev's head again today and drew out 320 CCs of fluid. I am not sure why as I was under the impression that he was reabsorbing on his own, but I will find that out tomorrow.

I have a meeting in the morning with ALL of Kevin's doctors. We need to all be on the same page and we really just aren't. I just want to head to Tampa so we need to get the ball rolling.

On another note - Breezy's back! What a relief! I was trying to be a good mom and tell her that I think she should just go back home and continue with her life. I will be the first to say that no 24 year old should halt everything for this type of situation. But she won't hear anything of it and I am embarrassed to say that I am secretly glad. I would really miss her. BUT, I will say that I would totally understand if she did decide to go and would never be hurt by that choice. (But I'm still glad ;-) )

That about sums up the day. We got a few hugs and OH! - I forgot to say that they removed the bolsters from Kevin's eyes today so we got to see those beautiful greens. He has to mainly leave his goggles on, but we lifted them for about 15 mins today and his lower lids look great. He still sleeps with his eyes open but that's because the top lids are already pulling back up. We will be having quite a few eye surgeries over the next 4-6 months. That stinks, but we don't have a choice.

Well, I gotta get to bed because it's later than I normally post and I have to get up early again tomorrow. Goodnight, everyone.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'M SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FLUID STILL ON KEVIN'S BRAIN, BUT ATLEAST YOU GOT TO SEE HIS BEAUTIFUL GREEN EYES. MY FAMILY AND I ARE ALL PRAYING ALL OF YOU. AND WE SURE AREN'T THE ONLY ONES HERE BACK HOME WHO ARE.

CHRISTIE GRIFFIE

Vicki Chrisman said...

It's a rough road.. I can totally understand why you love having breezy there!

Anonymous said...

spirits sound better that Breeze is back. Glad to hear you are lifted. Prays still for the fluid.
Breeze you a great sister and daughter. take care all.

Jodi said...

Hi Leslie,
It was great talking to you again last night! I am glad Brianna is back with you too!
Hey, good luck with your meeting today! Go in there and KICK SOME ASS! :-) STAY STRONG! I am there with you in mind and spirit!
Big hugs to all 3 of you!!!!
I love you all!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Anonymous said...

Hi Les, Sounds like the apple(Breezy) didn't fall far from the Mom tree. She is a good girl and knows what she wants to do. I wonder where she got that??? I hope the meeting goes good honey find out what you need to know. I am praying for Tampa to come soon for all of you. I bet Breezy felt she was HOME when you gave her the hug and kiss when she got back. Talk to you soon. Love ya, Pam

Holee said...

You sound much better now that Breezy is back.

When my son was injured in 1997, my oldest son had a nice life living & working in Puerto Rico. He quit his job and came home to stay with me. We still share a home together. I wouldn't have made it through without him.

I am sure Breezy feels like he does. There is no job or life more important then family.

Good for you..line those doctors up!

The Rock said...

Dear Leslie
I am checking in with you to see how Kevin is doing .
Our American Legion Post # 374, sends lots of well wishes to Kevin and your Family .If there is ever any need for anything : please don't hesitate to let me know .I can make things happen.
God bless Kevin and your Family
Love and Peace
Petra " The Rock "
Soldiers Angel from LOUISIANA

tbehr1018 said...

Leslie,
Hang In There!! Waiting is SO HARD!
Kevin is healing. Two steps forward one step back unfortunately thats the way it goes.
Theresa

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous you have breezy back w/ you!! we had a great time, and enjoyed seeing her! But for the time she is where she needs to be! I'm sure you are so glad to have her back! Take care you two!!
p.s. love ya breezy!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous you have breezy back w/ you!! we had a great time, and enjoyed seeing her! But for the time she is where she needs to be! I'm sure you are so glad to have her back! Take care you two!!
p.s. love ya breezy!

--andrea

Anonymous said...

I hope your meeting went well today. It must be stressful to try to deal with all your emotions on top of sleep deprivation, on top of medical jargon! You're a good mom to keep the doctors in line. I'm glad Breezy's back so you can support each other.