Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 1169 - Aug 12, 2011

Today I got a job! Yep - I did. It's just very part time, but it's at a scrapbook store so I can play in paper all day.

Honestly, it's kind of funny, because I applied months ago and when I never heard anything I decided to start my own scrapbook business. For about a month or so I have been working on a website and finally got it up and running. I owned a kit club many, many years ago and it's pretty much based off of that - the same premise anyway.

So now I will really be playing with scrap goodies all day long. And so will Kevin, lol. He tells me he'll help if I pay him!

But, I am still taking the job because I need to get out and meet people. I think it will do me some good and probably Kevin too.

And sadly, Karen and Jared went home today. We really had such a wonderful week and it was very hard to let them go home. I sure hope they come back soon!

And today was our most wonderful FRC Mary's birthday so we all went out to dinner to celebrate. It was a great time - we haven't seen her in soooo long! Breezy and Christian met us there and Kevin's new aide Efren went too.

All in all a really good day. I think I'm going to take the weekend off though. We have absolutely no plans so I will just come back on Monday night.

4 comments:

aggie said...

YAY!!! So glad you will be out and about meeting new people in the area. It's about time you have something for YOU!

Valerie S said...

You have lots of wonderful new things in your life to be excited about! I'm so happy that things have worked out and you can finally have some "me" time!

Long-time RN said...

Congratulations on the job! Good for you! Lots of changes in your world, amazing how rapidly things are moving since Kevin's surgery.

Awesome pictures of the zip-line adventure. Great seeing Kevin out and having fun with friends.

Have a great weekend.

Jessica said...

Congratulations! Working in a scrapbooking store sounds like fun. Good luck not spending your whole paycheck there; I know that would be my biggest problem! ;) Let us know when your website is ready. I'm excited to see it!