Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 1002 - Feb 25, 2011

My boy came home today. I was told he did fantastic while in the hospital and it was a good trial run of him heading to ResCare. So far, everyone but fee basis has signed off on him going so as soon as they sign on the dotted line, Kevin can get started.

We will be going up on Tuesday so that Kevin can scope it out. I think he is in part excited and also scared at the same time. That pretty much sums up my feelings too. It's going to be hard to let him go, but I must - for his own good.

I will be seeing him often anyway (Jessica - you asked how far it is and it's about 40 minutes from our home in SA). We are going to get started on that vision therapy that I had mentioned a while ago. Our doctor at the VA found someone local that is willing to see what she can do for Kevin. I don't know how often that therapy will take place, but I am guessing at least once a week. He will also need to go to BAMC for his acupuncture, we will be going to Pittsburgh how often and there are other things too (laser therapy on his burn scars, eye surgeries, possible shunt removal and we plan to 'fix' his eyebrows too). In case you can't tell, I'm trying to make myself braver about this, lol. I know I have serious trust issues, but I will have to get over it.

So anyway, sadly - Moe had to go home today. She made it safe and sound and I can imagine how hard it was to go from 80 degrees to 20. And I think I heard that they may get 8 inches of snow tonight? Geez. I sure don't miss that!

Well, it's off to bed for me. Hopefully anyway...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Kevin is back and that he could be by himself at the hospital.
A.