Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 945 - Dec 30, 2010

Today I broke down and finally went to a doctor (at my parents insistence - geez). I have been really sick and I am just so drained - both emotionally and physically. I really tried not to go - I have no money and I have no insurance, but I was worried about pneumonia and passing it on to Christian when he gets here.

So I did go and the doc told me that I don't have any real problems with my lungs, but that my lifestyle isn't going to let that cough and all the other symptoms go away on their own. He wrote me out 3 scripts and I asked him to put them in their order of importance. I know how much meds can cost and I was pretty sure they weren't all going to be in my budget.

I did manage to get two of them, but I had to pass on the third. I am hoping the steroid and inhaler take care of things. We shall see.

I think I am going to have to sit down with some of the folks at the VA here in SA. I need more help. I just can't keep up at this pace. The VA here refuses to give me more than 15 hours a week and I use those hours to try to get other things done that I can't do while Kevin is underfoot. I should be using them for rest, but there's no time for that. It really needs to change.

And I forgot to tell you guys that yesterday I had to argue with a VA employee who called to remind Kevin of an appt next week. I told her she had to talk to me and she flat out refused. She was determined to speak to Kevin and wouldn't tell me anything. I tried to explain that he can't talk and that I manage all of his appointments, but she wasn't interested in hearing what I had to say. I had to call Mary today to find out if my guardianship papers are on file and they are so I guess I'll just chalk it up to someone not interested in doing their job fully. She really just needed to look closer at our file.

Whatever.

Can you just tell I don't feel good? I feel snarky and tired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better really soon Leslie! Also that things get worked out with the VA.
Hope your mom is doing better too!
Take care,
Kathy in IA

Anonymous said...

Leslie is there not some kind of aid you can receive for medical care for yourself such as Medicaid? It would seem without any income for yourself there should be some type of government assistance out there for you. Loved the video of Kevin

Anonymous said...

Dear Leslie,
Wishing you and your family all the the best for 2011!
Hope you feel better soon.
Really idiotic that woman insisting on giving appointment messages only to Kevin...
A.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year all! Great video of Kevin. He is quite a singer.
I can understand how you are physically run down. Yours has been a grueling, stressfilled life for 2-1/2 years! Remember to take care of yourself while caring for Kevin. You are important too!:)