Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 932 - Dec 17, 2010

We ended up having a lazy day today, which was totally unexpected. We were supposed to have an appointment with the burns plastic surgeon, but Kevin wasn't feeling well this morning, so I had to cancel that.

In the interim, his speech therapist has the flu so she called and canceled today's session, leaving us with a totally free weekday.

I made about 3 hours of phone calls and got a LOT of things done. Kevin pretty much stayed in bed all day until this evening. He did get up for dinner and then we took Breezy home and stopped at Home Depot for a couple of things.

I am trying my darnedest to get over a bad cough. I woke up with it maybe a week ago and although it may be slightly better than it was the first day or so, it just won't go away. I am assuming this is why I am so tired, because every time I sit on the couch I start nodding off.

One great thing is that Kevin is letting me sleep some at night now. I am usually out by 3am and he rarely calls me after that so I am getting some quality zzzz's lately. I want to believe that he is sleeping as well, but I can't say for sure. If he's not, he's keeping himself entertained - which is just great. He must also be doing things for himself - which is even better, lol.

As for my decision on whether to post every day - I still don't know what I'll end up doing. I think we just might have more days that I skip as there are just so many days where we do nothing exciting. I do appreciate everyone's input though!

I think, in part, it's also because I am just tired and in that holiday funk. It's going to be weird not having my whole family at the table at Christmas. I have to think that this could be my dad's last Christmas and that makes it hard too.

But, I guess there's no sense in complaining. It is what it is and I can't change it so I guess I'll do what my favorite Airborne guy says "Wipe the sweat and drive on!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too read the blog every morning, and, understand the need for mre time, Whatever you decide...we will all be here for you. Reading your words, and finding out about Kevin's accomplishments are so much a part of my day. Thsnk you for sharing this journey with all of us. Now, with a new chapter beginning (Christian) your time will be even more limited, but, the joy will overflow. there is nothing that can compare to having a grandchild. They are so special, and being their "gammy" is absolutely the best feeling in the world. Wish all of you a very happy holiday season, and a bright beautiful 2011.

Anonymous said...

Hi there just read the blogs and I just wanted to say your Airborne son is right. Wipe off the sweat and drive on. My husband was Airborne 11B at the 101st Airborne Division at Ft Campbell and was injured in Iraq in 2007 and it was a LONG,rough and rocky road but we made it. Keep your head up and keep encouraging him. I will have you all in my prayers. Hooah!