Friday, August 15, 2008

Day 76 - Aug 15, 2008

Kevin was in a grumpy mood again today and he wouldn't play any games or really even acknowledge us. He did get into the chair again today and we made it close to 2 hours this time. You can always tell when he gets tired because he fidgets so once he started that, we took him back to bed. We also faced him so that he could look out the window today and he was enthralled! Matter of fact, if someone stepped in front of the window, he would move his head until he could see the view. I'm not sure if he will be put in the chair over the weekend, but if he is we are going to try to take him outside. The nurse and I discussed it and he can stay in the shade for no more than half an hour. Unfortunately, it's so hot here that I don't think any of us will make it a half hour, lol.

One thing Kevin did do today was roll over onto his right side and curl up into the fetal position and he held it for about 3-4 minutes before rolling back over onto his back. I was very proud of him because it wasn't as hard this time as it has been. He has come so far, hasn't he?

We also got a visitor both last night and today. Capt Jeremy R and his wife, Dana, came in for a couple of days. A whole bunch of us even went to dinner tonight and it was really nice. These two are just wonderful people!

And unfortunately, I didn't hear from my case worker today about Tampa's acceptance. We kept missing each other. I guess it will have to wait until Monday now...

5 comments:

Jan said...

Wow! I know it really isn't, but to a reader like myself it seems like Kevin's recovery is moving fast. I guess "fast" is a relative term. LOL

It's so exciting to log in and read good news just about every day now.

Anonymous said...

It seems like there's something new happening every day. Just a few days ago you were hoping to get Kevin in a chair, now it's happening..you were hoping to get him outside, and now it looks like that will be happening soon. Things are definitely looking up. I have a feeling that you'll be on your way to Tampa very soon, and then the progress should really be amazing. As always, I am thinking of and praying for you, Breezy, and Kevin. Take care of yourself. Love and hugs, Sherri.

Unknown said...

Sometimes things seem to move at a snails pace, doesn't it? But from the beginning of this journey through even now, the miracle of the healing process, so well documented by you, has encouraged every reader that patience, love, prayer and hope does, in fact, withstand the toughest obstacles.

What you share, give of yourself, each writing, is an inspiration to many. Leslie, always know how loved and cared for you, Brianna and Kevin are.

Love, hugs and prayers. Always.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Kevin got to look outdoors and hope he can get out there soon. Nothing compares to fresh air, even if just for a few minutes! I'm praying for you all.

Unknown said...

We think of you everyday and pray for kevins recovery. I was going thru some things in my garage the other day and setting our things to get rid of. I found alot of corys paintball masks and decided we did'nt need them all, but when I looked a little closer I saw one of them had the words," Kevins Mask" written on it. Of course I kept it for you. Our thoughts and prayers are always with all of you. Take care of yourself and each other. Love Diana Weibel(and family).