Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day 72 - Aug 11, 2008

This is going to be a short post tonight. Kevin was pretty much the same as yesterday so I am just going to pass on writing too much.

I do want to quickly thank Kevin's Platoon Leader, LT Justin G, for being here the past few days. He has stayed with Kevin for hours a day and it was a big help to both Breezy and myself. And I am pretty sure that Kevin appreciated the different topics of conversation! It just amazes me how the 173rd steps in to help their fellow brothers.

And speaking of brothers, my own was here a couple of weeks ago and he has been a great comfort to me. I can honestly say that I have talked to him more in the past 3 months than I have in probably the past 3 years! Things like this have a way of making people closer, don't they?

Oh - and someone asked if Kevin went to Butler HS and the answer is "no". He went to Karns City. We lived in East Brady most of his life.

10 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Sleep Well Les!

Anonymous said...

PARADE PICTURES!!!

kim murphy said...

glad to hear LT Justin G was able to spend time with Kevin , I'm sure it was good for both of them. I hope you and Breezy took the opportunity to go outside and stretch your legs and maybe even do a little therapeutic window shopping or something fun. hugs to all, kim

tbehr1018 said...

Glad you have so many to lean on when you need to.
Hugs,
Theresa

Anonymous said...

Yeah EB. I will claim you guys anytime. Glad to hear that Keving fellow soilders are standing by strong and tall just like Kevin is. Get some rest honey you need it. Love ya, Pam

Anonymous said...

Do you know what his coma level? Has speech pathology been involved at any level?

The Rock said...

Dear Leslie
I am so glad that his LT. came to spend time with Kevin . The 173rd is a great Outfit. I am sure others are 2 , but for me 173rd is the Elite.

Sweet dreams !
Love
Petra
S.A. from Louisiana

Anonymous said...

Dear Leslie, just wanted to let you know that I'm closely following your son's progress on the blog. You're a great writer and a fantastic mom! I send you my love and prayers for each new day. Former member of your Moyer H. I. unit, Cass Reedy, Kittanning, Pa.

Anonymous said...

I think you missed a day, Monday. I thought maybe it was just me, hehe. Until I looked at the calendar.

Anonymous said...

It's heartwarming to hear that Kevin's fellow soldiers have been visiting him. I'm sure it means so much to him. God bless them all and keep them safe!