Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 1259 - Nov 10, 2011

Kevin, Breezy and Efren went to the Humor for Heroes comedy show last night while I babysat. I'm not so sure if Kevin will go again because Breezy told me he played games on his phone after a while. I know Kevin struggles sometimes when there's a lot of talking and when it's fast talk like comedians he starts zoning out. It's strange though because he has no trouble following if it's on a DVD or a CD, but I am guessing it's because there are too many other noises and things to overwhelm him when it's live.

So today Kevin wasn't feeling well and we had to cancel his OT appt. He was also to see the psychologist. It never dawned on me until now that it was probably because they went last night. Duh!

Other than this, we didn't really do anything this week so I guess I'll just sign off.

Happy Veteran's Day! Thank you to all for your service!

11 comments:

Lorraine said...

THANK YOU Kevin for your sacrifice in serving our country. I hope you have a good day today, Happy Veteran's Day! Lorraine and Rick

Judy said...

Seems like such a small thing to say "Thank you Kevin for your service", but honestly, up North in Wisconsin, I think of you and your family often.

From my heart with the utmost gratitude for your service,

Judy - mom of Nathan Thomas (Tommy) who was in Battle Company during the same time you served with the 173rd - "The Herd"

janet said...

Thinking of you, Kevin, on Veteran's Day. Thank-you.

Cathy M said...

Thank you Kevin for your service. Our vets ROCK! And thank you Leslie for your dedication to your wonderful son and war hero.

Cathy M

Norrie Kurtz said...

Recently met your wonderful daughter, Brianna, at the Walk to Action event & am so grateful she shared your family's story with me. Thank you to Kevin for his service & to all of you for reminding me what family means. Happy Veteran's Day.

Kris said...

Kevin, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your brave service, and for everything that you have done, given, sacrificed, and continue to sacrifice for me, my family, this great country. Were it not for brave heroes like yourself, this great country could never - would never be. And Leslie, Breezy and family, special thoughts and prayers are coming your way too!! The families of our brave are the backbone of this country. I'm forever grateful for your service to this country too!! God bless you all. Please know that thoughts, prayers, support and loads of extra special Angel Hugs come your way every single day, and they always will.

With love,
Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Anonymous said...

Thank You Kevin for serving us with Honor and dignity. You are my hero.
Becky, Wayne's Mom

Anonymous said...

Thank You, Kevin for your service and sacrifice. Thank you Leslie and Brianna as well. We continue to pray for all of you.
Melissa Ion

Jessica said...

Thank you, Kevin for your brave service and sacrifice. It is a debt that can never be repaid, but one for which I am incredibly thankful. God bless you and your wonderful family!

Anonymous said...

Happy Veteran's Day Kevin!:)Thank you for everything all of you do! We appreciate you so very much!
Take care,
Kathy in IA

Long-time RN said...

A heartfelt thank you, Kevin. Thank you to your family as well. Our family sends our sincere gratitude.