Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 1369 - Feb 26, 2012

Well we had one helluva week!!!  There are so many people to thank for giving Kevin the vacation of a lifetime, I swear!

First, I want to jump in and say that it will be a few weeks before I give any information on the organization that remodeled Kevin's bathroom.  I CAN'T WAIT to show you how fantastic it looks, but I want to do it right and it's not quite finished yet.  I guess we can be patient though...

So on to vacation!  First I must again thank Dick over at Impact Player!  He knew how much Kevin loved movies so he contacted a very special person, who in turn made this the vacation Kevin will never forget.  I can never thank Judit enough for all she did for us! 

So here is who Judit works for and who she brought Kevin out to see!


Yes!  Judit works for Adam Sandler and they brought us out to LA to meet up with them and to show us what movies/tv are all about.

Here are a bunch more photos of Kevin with some others:

David Spade


Jonathan Loughran





Christian Slater


Megan Mullally


This is the set from the show Breaking In which has both Christian and Megan in it.


And here's Kevin standing between the original Ghostbusters car (which still runs!) and the Green Hornet car (which does not).

 
 Here's Kevin 'playing' Jeopardy with the most wonderful Leeann Tweeden and her husband, Chris


This is Kevin with one of the producers at Happy Madison (I am embarrassed that I don't remember his name) and Allen Covert


And here is a group photo at the Happy Madison office.  The wonderful Judit is on the far right.



And to end this most wonderful last day in LA, we went to dinner with Leeann and Chris (Judit couldn't make it and we were so bummed!) and here is a photo of them with Kevin


This day alone was spectacular and Kevin couldn't stop grinning!  I wish y'all could have seen his face when he walked in and saw everyone and then when Adam walked down the hall?  Kevin almost fainted, lol!  It was the most awesome thing to see!!

So I have TONS of pics to show you from the rest of the week, but I think I am going to just write a few times this week to do it.  It would take forever to load all of them and I want to really share the week with you guys.

Thank you to Judit and Adam.  To Dick.  To Hertz for the rental car.  To the Westin hotel for our room.  To Universal Studios and to A Day in LA Tours.  I am so sure I am forgetting some folks, but I'll throw their names in this week when I think of them.

You all made my hero one happy camper - he honestly had a blast!!
 

6 comments:

bearlythr said...

WOW WOW WOW ...how COOL for Kevin and how wonderful that people show him how important he is to this country. He is a hero and its about time he got treated like one. It goes without saying Leslie, that without you he would never have recovered to the extent he has and you are a hero too. God bless you both : )

suz said...

A wonderful trip for a wonderful guy. Glad you both had such a great time.

Wife of a Wounded Soldier said...

THis is great! I love the pics and Kevin's face. Dick is also wonderful, he has helped us a lot. What wonderful memories you all will have. Be sure and enter the free digital scrapbooking software giveaway on my blog. I know how you love to scrap.

Jan said...

Well! Just yesterday my teen asked if I still kept up with Kevin and wanted to know how he was doing. She will love this. :) So glad he had a good time.

Lorraine said...

Great trip, once in a lifetime trip. So well deserved, love the pictures. Lorraine and Rick

Kris said...

OH. MY. GAWD!!! How wonderful!!! I'm so happy deep down inside that you and Kevin received this wonderful gift of a lifetime!! Adam Sandler rocks!! Such incredible people who put this together - actual angels!!!

God bless and safe travels home!!
- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI